Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hawaiian Village

Here I was going for an image to showcase a typical traditional Hawiian dwelling.


Hawaiian Village
Canon EOS Kiss Digital X with a Sigma DC 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 at 85mm EFL
1/125s, f/5.6 & ISO 100

This was taken with a tripod and is a composite of several shots. The shots were combined in photoshop to erase all the camera toting tourists walking around the area. I don't mind local people in my shots, but I object to tourists with their cameras.

Besides the lack of native Hawiians, does it capture a traditional village hut in an interesting way?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    The first thing I think of when I see this is "OOOOwwwww, I want to go there.."
    So I guess you've captured something about this one that worked. Off the top of my head I can't figure it out though. Maybe Geoff will have a better critique.

    I'll comment again after looking at it some more.

    Regards
    Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,

    I'm with Craig on this one, I want to go there.

    In terms of suggestions, I had to look for a while to suggest anything, but down in the bottom left third, there appears to be a splash or water that doesn't fit with the waves. It's in the black rocks, about half way between the statue and the edge of screen. Could it be an artifact from a different frame?

    Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geoff,

    The wave you see is natural. About 95% of this image is one file. The only parts from another file are the pixels behind the people who were erased. And they were near the fense of the hut. Aboute 3-5 people I think.

    I could probably go back and remove the wave with the same technique as the people I suppose. I find it a little high contrasty and thus it draws my eye to a location away from the main subject.


    steve

    ReplyDelete