Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby Taj

Here's a shot with a few locals in it.



Baby Taj
Canon EOS 7D with a Canon EF 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM at 35mm EFL
1/100, f/8.0 & ISO 100

I was trying to show this architectural gem in it's natural surroundings.

I kind of feel that the top left corner needs a few leaves so it balances with the top right corner. Also given the typical weather of the area, there was a fair bit of manipulation to bring back that blue sky. As a side effect, there is quite a halo around the edges of the trees.

What do you think? Does the image have enough interest that these imperfections aren't so noticeable or what?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, nice shot, and nice arrangement of people in it too. I must admit when I looked at this, I thought what the hell kind of day did you go and see this on to get a blue sky like that (and why didn't you see the real thing on such a day)? So it's nice to know it's been touched up. :)

    Other than the fact that I've been there, and have a hard time imagining the nice blue sky, I think it looks great in the picture. I don't really notice the fringing around the trees, until I start looking at the picture; I'm more interested in the people in it. Perhaps if it was devoid of people I might notice it more.

    Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,

    I've actually come up with a few comments this time.

    The good:
    I like the vibrant colours in the grass, building and paths. I like the people walking around in the shot too.

    I like the framing with the leaves above the shot. (I've never managed to do that nicely myself so far, but I'll keep trying). It makes it all look like an inviting place to visit.

    The bad:
    The blue in the sky is just too strong for me.

    And this is funny because I'm always asking for more blue in the sky, but this one is just a little too blue for me. I find the excess blue makes me notice the fringing around the trees more. I think you need to tone down the blue a little bit, and then you've got a magazine pic on your hands.

    Cheers!
    Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys,

    The left side isn't so noticeable but the right is quite obvious. I think this one needs some work in photoshop. I like the blue sky. It's intensity balances well with the strong red and green in this image however that halo really is distracting when you know where to look for it.

    I'll have another go and post back later.


    steve

    ReplyDelete