Thursday, January 13, 2011

Junagarh Architecture

Hi All

Here's a shot of the Junagarh Fort in Bikaner, India.

I wanted to show it's rather unique architectural style with the lower levels made from red sandstone and the upper levels in an off-white colour. On the day, the sky was quite stormy which I thought worked well with the colours already present.


 
Junagarh Architecture
Canon EOS Kiss X Digital with a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM at 26mm EFL
1/250s, f/11 & ISO 100

How do you feel about it?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    I like the colours in this image, and how the top and bottom halves are different.

    Actually, I like the 3 or 4 bands of colour and how they are in layers horizontally (I only noticed that after looking at it for a minute or two :)

    I like the shadows as well.

    I do get the feeling that I'd like to see down a bit into the court, but unless you were going to take a 2 image vertical panorama I'm not sure you'll be able to show much of that in the 6x4 format.

    Nice shot.

    Regards
    Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,

    I'd have to agree with Craig on this one, that I also have a desire to see down into the court yard. The colours and textures in the sky are great, but I'd happily trade a little to see what's down the bottom.

    In terms of the architecture itself though, it's does a great job of capturing the two different styles.

    Geoff.

    ReplyDelete